Thursday 3 October 2013

Travel Diary: Marrakech Part five




















Hi all !
So here we are on the final part of the Marrakech Travel Diary.
These photos are from my last day in Marrakech, when we went to the Souks and had an evening cocktail in La Mamounia.
The souks were overwhelming and it was easy to get lost inside. It is packed with leather goods, traditional lamps, ceramics, clothing,jewellery, carpets and spices. You definitely need to factor in extra baggage after a trip here.
We left our shopping to the last day, which was good in one way as we had a look around during the week to see what we wanted.On the other hand it can be quite exhausting, so I would suggest maybe dividing your shopping over two days.
It is important to bargain as you will find that many shops have the same items, so you can definitely argue a price. However don't leave with the idea that you will come back and get something, more than likely you won't be able to find it again !
I bought a beautiful leather and embroidered bag, the typical babouche slippers, a bracelet, some black soap and we bought a mirror for our (eventual) house. I will feature all these in another blog post, with my tips on where to eat, what to visit and do in Marrakech.
After the souks we went for predinner drinks to La Mamounia. It is a famous hotel in Marrakech and was apparently a favourite of Winston Churchill. It is luxurious inside, but the best part are the never ending maze of gardens. We had a cocktail there, the prices were expensive, with my cosmopolitan costing 20 euro, but it is great for a special night. I suggest going before it gets dark so you can enjoy a walk in the gardens.

That's all for now,
I am back soon with my purchases from Marrakech and my top tips.
Love Dani xx


If you missed the other instalments, click here:
Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

No comments:

Post a Comment