Thursday 30 June 2011

Welcome to Paradise: Stylecrush Vanessa Paradis











Johnny Depp's significant other, Karl Lagerfeld's muse , dangerously high cheek bones and effortless french chic style, I should hate her but I can't !
There is something about Vanessa Paradis that I just can't get enough of. Delicious Depp describes how he first fell for the actress, model and singer.

'I was doing a film with Roman Polanksi, The Ninth Gate, and across the room I saw this woman's back, I saw this neck attached to the back, and I was sort of fascinated by it. Honestly, it was a very beautiful sculptural thing, then suddenly the back and the neck turned, and it had a face.' And what a face she has !

Paradis became a singing sensation at age 14 with the release of her single Joe le Taxi. Since then she manages a career as an actress, model and singer along with her two kids and Depp. 
She still has this childlike beauty and she looks a lot less than her 37 years. Her quirky gap between her two front teeth has not only stole Depp's heart as she was also Lenny Kravitz girlfriend before meeting Depp in 1998.





The face of Chanel's Rouge Coco lipstick, Paradis's style is a mixture of french chic with vintage accents. Effortless Bohemian. She always seems to get it right, then again who wouldn't with uncle Karl on speed dial to lend a hand !

Here is a link to an article where Paradis is interviewed on her style: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2008/feb/10/fashion.features2
Enjoy xx

7 comments:

  1. wow, super crush!

    and love that description of how they met, adorbs!

    good luck with your new blog,
    jess // LF

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is stunning isnt she?? I love her style too! There couldnt be anyone else that suits Jonny Depp more. Great post my dear.

    Now following your wonderful blog xxxx

    http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vanessa is so diferent and unique,the pictures are amazing.Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love her.. she has a unique style!! nice blog by the way! hope we can follow each other!! kisses

    stefania

    ReplyDelete
  5. @jess, hayley, Bondage de Lux, Stefania: Thanks guys so much for the support. Looking forward to being part of a blogging network xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with these photos! I suddenly feel so good about my sexy little gap in my front teeth! xoxxo J`adore Vanessa Paradis..muah! Jeanie De`Ann Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanie De`Ann Sullivan, you look so much like Vanessa Paradis! I love the gap in your front teeth too!! Love, Josh

      Delete